Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day @ Kem Jugra







14 Feb 2008. A very special Valentine's Day indeed. We decided to bring some love to the campers. Some of my team members has to postponed their Valentine's celebration with their love one just to make it this session. This is what I called "Seek first the kingdom of God". V-Sheng started the night with simple chocolates which hope would bring some joy to them for the night. Nick did the crossing the line activity which let each of them know and identify with each other better. Best thing about this session was we still have new visitors coming in. I hope they are able to see the reality of Christianity. We did the lesson in "How and why we read the Bible?" When I asked them if they can tell me any love story in the bible, I was specially touched by a non-christian commended Joseph and Mary as a romantic story because he read the gospel comic "Manga Messiah" on how even Mary was pregant, Josept still accepted her. Wow! It was the last session Zai leading the worship in this camp before he fly off to Melb. He gave a speech and all the students showed their appreciation. We had around 40 students as some of them went for a Chinese New Year celebration.

I really enjoyed the 1.5 hours journey home each time with the team. We learned a lot from each other. I got the privillage to get V Seng to fed me ice cream while I drove home. So romantic. haha...Charmaine taught of some 'lessons' to understand female. hehe..

No comments: